One Bowl Chocolate Cake III
2 cups White Sugar
1 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 Large Eggs
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup Boiling Water
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 inch round pans. (you can use any pan you want just adjust the bake time accordingly).
2) In a large bowl, sift or whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in the boiling water last. The batter will be really thin so don't freak out. You didn't do anything wrong. Pour evenly into you prepared pans.
3) Bake 30 to 35 minutes (or according to your pan size) until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cook in pans for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now for the good news... a 9-in cake yields about 24 servings and this cake is only 157 Calories per serving!!! The icing you put on it will definately make a difference but I think thats a good start, right?
The icing I have for you is also super easy and super delish! You might have to double it to fill and frost a 9-in cake but should be plenty for cupcakes.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
by Tracy (allrecipes.com)
2 3/4 cups Confectioner's Sugar
6 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
6 tablespoons Butter
5 tablespoons Evaporated Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1) In a medium bowl, sift together the confectioner's sugar and cocoa; set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk or sugar.
These two recipes are extremely delish together and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do!!!